Personalized Denture Services
In the realm of dentistry, smiles hold the key to confidence and self-assurance, and that’s why even for patients wearing dentures, having a healthy, beautiful smile is paramount. At Angus Dentistry, we take pride in providing personalized denture services that cater to the unique needs of each of our patients. Our team understands that no two smiles are the same, which is why we craft one-of-a-kind dentures that not only feel comfortable but also look natural.
Dentures are natural-looking replacement teeth that can be easily removed. There are two main types of dentures available:
- Full Dentures: Designed for patients who have lost all their natural teeth, full dentures come in two categories. Conventional full dentures are placed once the gum tissue has healed, which typically takes a few months. On the other hand, immediate full dentures are placed immediately after the extraction of natural teeth and may require frequent adjustments during the initial months of use.
- Partial Dentures: Attached to a metal frame that connects to your remaining natural teeth, partial dentures are ideal for filling in gaps left by missing permanent teeth. These partial dentures serve as a removable alternative to bridges.
Is Dentures the Right Choice for You?
While dentures are a viable option for many, they may not be suitable for everyone. If you're considering dentures and want to explore if they are the right fit for you, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our team. We are more than happy to address any questions or concerns you may have and determine the most suitable course of treatment for your ongoing dental health.
Caring for Your Dentures
Just like natural teeth, dentures require regular care and maintenance to stay clean and prevent the growth of bacteria in your mouth. To keep your dentures and smile healthy, follow these essential care tips:
- Handle your dentures over a folded towel or a sink full of water to avoid breakage if accidentally dropped.
- Brush your dentures daily using a soft-bristled brush, ensuring gentle cleaning to avoid damage.
- Rinse your dentures after each meal to remove food particles.
- Use a mild soap to clean your dentures, avoiding harsh cleaners that can be damaging.
- Keep your dentures moist when not wearing them, as dry dentures can lose their shape or crack.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene by gently cleaning your gums and tongue every day, even with full dentures.
At Angus Dentistry, our commitment is to your well-being and satisfaction. With our personalized cosmetic dentures services, you can confidently reclaim your beautiful smile. Schedule your appointment today and let us be part of your journey to a brighter, healthier smile.